You all see me,
You say you really know me,
But do you?
Do you know what I hide within,
Do you know the thoughts my mind visits...
Do you know that I'm only human,
And what you ask of me can't always be done?
I know I'm not perfect,
I'll admit to that,
But does anyone ever get credit for being what they aren't?
I don't wake up pretty,
It's a process.
And I don't always want to dress up,
If you can't take me at my worst, then why do you deserve me at my best?
I'm short tempered,
So what if I get angry...
You push me.
I'm moody like a cat,
I don't want you down my throat 24/7,
But it's nice to know your there.
I'm quiet,
Not the most talkative person in the world,
But when I say something at least it can make you smile...
I'm not the happiest person alive,
But who would want to be,
It just comes off as fake.
I know i'm taller then a lot of females,
Can't handle my height,
Then you can't handle me.
I know I have to work on my self confidence,
But does that mean you have to take me down with you,
Just because?
I know i can be a bitch,
So what if i come off hard,
Trust isn't just granted.
I know I'm mean,
I don't have to like you or be nice,
I only grant you the honor of seeing me that way.
I'm shy,
I know I won't start a conversation,
But if you step up to the plate,
You'll never regret it...
I'm a little crazy,
Who isn't?
Who wants sane everyday?
I know I can be rude,
If you saw that side of me,
Then frankly you deserve it.
Yes, I have feelings,
You may not see it,
But I hurt just like you.
Yes I cry,
Spent my half my life in tears,
So what if I'm covered in pain?
Yes, I'm spontaneous and random,
I've spent my whole life in a box,
I just want to be free...
So what if I'm a little weird,
Being normal is over rated,
And I love me as I am,
Shouldn't you?
After I've come to accept my flaws,
I'll admit them all,
But there will never be enough space.
Even after you've seen the good and the bad,
And seen through my mask,
Can you honestly say you can stick around.
Can you say you like me for who I am?
The real me,
Naked and exposed.
The real me,
Out in the open.
The real me,
Flesh and bone.
The real me...
By: Stefane A. Hurtault
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment